Imagine you get a call while your kid is having a tantrum, while you are at a noisy birthday party, or while you are basking in your two minutes of freedom while your kid naps… It’s just not a good time to answer the phone, but you don’t want to press the “decline” button, leaving the caller in the dark on why you obviously just ignored them.
Rather than ‘ignoring’ callers, you can now ‘show and tell’ them WHY you can’t answer. I've recently been made aware of a new mobile phone app that allows parents a quick and easy way to let family and friends know WHY we aren’t answering their calls: CallSnap, the first free Android app to make the ‘decline’ button a last resort for incoming calls.
With CallSnap, instead of pressing ‘decline,” you can now quickly respond with a photo or quick voice message that informs the caller of your whereabouts and availability, giving them piece of mind. Recently, CallSnap introduced a new feature, CallSnap SOCIALIZE, which lets you share your photos and a status update with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter either in conjunction with a CallSnap call response or directly.
How CallSnap works:
1. When receiving a call, the smartphone screen is populated with new touch icons
2. Users have the option to “Show or Tell” the caller what they are doing by either responding with a photo or a recorded voice message
· Photos: Either take a photo or select from a preset assortment of images
· Voice Message: Record a live message or select a prerecorded message
3. After selecting a response option, the caller will receive a message that says “Busy right now, CallSnap photo/message on the way!”
· These are examples of the notifications the caller will receive (photo response or voice response)
4. A new capability, CallSnap Socialize enables users to share photos via Facebook and Twitter to keep friends updated on their activities, whereabouts and availability.
How CallSnap SOCIALIZE works:
There are two ways to use CallSnap SOCIALIZE
1. Post status and photo without a call
· From the homescreen of the app, choose SOCIALIZE to post a status and photo
2. Post status and photo in conjunction with a call response
· When responding to a call with CallSnap, you can now also distribute the same status photo to your social media channels
To be honest, I have an iPhone, so I will have to wait for a compatible app to come out since I am not Android. However, this app looks interesting. Looks like it got good reviews. If you try it out, let me know how it works!
For more information go to http://callsnapapp.com.