DIY Puppy Popsicles
The summer time is a blast for dogs and their owners, but it is important for dogs to stay cool during the hot and humid season. Pet nutrition expert and owner of Parker’s, A Natural Dog & Cat Market, Katie Pottenger, offers DIY puppy popsicles to dog owners as a great way to cool off their canine companions.
“DIY puppy popsicles are really simple to make and most of the ingredients are already in your pantry at home,” says Pottenger.
Below is a list of different ingredients that can be mixed together in any way you like. Just freeze your mix of ingredients in an ice tray or in an easy tear paper cup or cupcake wrapper to create your very own puppy popsicle.
● Peanut Butter (All-Natural, No Sugar)
● Yogurt (Low fat, Sugar-free)
● Answers Raw Goat's Milk
● Canned Tuna or Salmon (In Water, Not Oil)
● Canned 100% Pure Pumpkin
● Pureed Fruits and Veggies (Veggies must be steamed)
● Canned Dog Food (Preferably All-Meat)
● Chicken Breast or Beef (Cooked, Small Pieces)
● Chicken or Beef Broth (Sodium Free)
● Applesauce (Sugar Free)
No one knows your dog’s taste better than you do. Play around with the different ingredients and see what your dog enjoys most. Puppy popsicles are a fun and easy way to keep your dog cool this summer while giving them a delicious treat as well!